SOUNDS OF HEALING: THERAPEUTIC MUSIC’S BENEFITS IN THE HEALTH CARE SETTING
Patients, families and health care professionals are seeking options for care and comfort during the heightened stress of serious illness.
Therapeutic music is an element of compassionate caregiving and contributes to creating a healing environment. This session focuses on the benefits of therapeutic music and offers creative ideas on how to integrate it into the medical environment to improve overall quality of care.
Tami Briggs, therapeutic harpist, weaves patient-focused experiences and her clinical training together, sharing powerful stories and live musical examples, which demonstrate music’s role in the healing process.
- Explore research data and rationale for incorporating music in their health care system.
- Define specific benefits of harp and therapeutic music (comfort, pain distraction, relaxation and anchoring).
- Determine ways to incorporate music in the health care setting to improve overall quality.
What participants have said about the Sounds of Healing: Therapeutic Music’s Benefits in the Health Care Setting program…
• “You created a new way of thinking here.”
Lehigh Valley Hospital and Health Network; Allentown, PA
• “Very well done. I gained a heightened awareness of how important music is to the healing process.”
City of Hope Hospital; Los Angeles, CA
• “I have been bored in the past with presentations on music therapy and other complimentary or alternative therapies, but your presentation was excellent and very relevant to our work. Thank you.”
Lakeview Ranch (Specialized Dementia Care); Darwin, MN
• “Thank you so much for coming to our meeting today. They absolutely LOVED you. Everyone was just gushing afterwards. One woman told me that she had never heard harp music played with so much feeling. Another commented that you were not only entertaining, but your talk was educational and inspirational. You are the best!”
Holistic Health & Healing Summer Institute; Woodbury, MN
| Presentation is experiential and includes:
- Lecture, interactive discussion, questions and answers.
- Meditative, live harp music as a self-care tool for stress reduction, relaxation and renewal.
- Health care providers (eg., nurses, doctors, chaplains and pastoral care, social workers, etc.)
- Patients and families
- Bereavement and grief/loss counselors
Participants do not have to be musicians or have any expertise in music to attend.
- National health care conferences
- State health care conferences
- Stress reduction/relaxation sessions
- Days of wellness or holistic health
- Workshops on self-care
- Recovery centers
- Spas and retreat centers
- Support and survivor’s groups
|One hour to half-day.
For more information about our presentations, or to schedule a presentation, please contact us.
Back to Presentations