- Be mindful of your breathing several times a day.
- Pause a few times daily paying attention to how you feel. Journal about or express all emotions to release them.
- Listen to calming music, moving you to your peaceful core.
- Play your favorite holiday CDs at 25% less volume than you would normally listen to it.
- Many radio shows feature beautiful holiday music. Find your favorite station and listen while you are driving or doing any holiday preparations.
- Set realistic expectations. Sometimes family gatherings increase our stress levels, so think about self-care strategies that work for you … and follow through!
- Prioritize! If possible, decrease the number of obligations during the month of December and put one or two things on your calendar that bring you joy, nurture your spirit.
Finally, model holiday peace to those we serve. When you are centered and calm, everyone you touch will pick up these peaceful “vibes” during this spiritual time of year.